We caught up with Olivia Chantecaille, Creative Director of luxury cosmetics and skincare brand Chantecaille about her beauty recommendations and the exceptional power of pure botanicals.
1. What is your ultimate beauty ritual?
I don't usually have time for rituals, so I have to sneak them in at night while I am sleeping. I love to sleep in our Bio Lifting Mask; it truly irons out my wrinkles overnight. I also like to coat my body in our Retinol Body Cream. Applying products at night before you go to bed is actually ideal since your skin repairs itself while you sleep!
2. What is your first make-up memory?
The first thing that comes to mind is my grandmother applying her special powder with an enormous white fluffy pouf and spritzing me with her favourite perfume. It was a very special daily ritual that she shared with me.
3. Chantecaille is a family run, is it difficult to switch off from work-mode?
I don't switch off that often, except for when I am cuddling with my daughter.
4. What are you most thankful for?
I am most thankful for my beautiful daughter and wonderful husband.
5. What are the benefits of using natural make-up products?
By using natural products you have more of the beneficial botanical actives and fewer chemical ingredients, which may be irritating or toxic.
6. Do you have a favourite product that you would recommend everyone should try?
Our Pure Rosewater. It has so many amazing properties; the beautiful rose is packed with many benefits. It’s loaded with Vitamin C, it’s moisturizing, uplifting, anti-bacterial, anti-ageing, soothing and calming. I use it morning, day and night.
9. How do you like to spend ‘me’ time?
When I do get a moment to myself I like to read, do yoga or get a relaxing massage.
10. What do you like to do over the weekend?
I love to take a walk in a park or in the countryside. And buy flowers for our home.
‘If you feel joy and love then you emanate beauty.’ – Olivia Chantecaille
Discover Chantecaille in store in Urban Retreat at Harrods or online Today.